[Towertalk] Antenna choice

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Antenna choice
From: k4zzr@bellsouth.net (David)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:35:12 -0400
Well, after much headbanging and obsessing, I've finally ordered the antenna
for my new HDX-555 crankup tower.  I came soooo close to buying either the
Hygain TH11 or Force12 C31-XR (both great antennas), but I was really
attracted to the beautiful workmanship of the Optibeam OB11-3.   I ordered
it today from Jay at Array Solutions, U.S. distributor for Optibeam (and he
has them in stock!).   I plan to add either a 40mtr rotatable dipole at the
top of the 20' mast or a small WARC beam later on.   I'll post another
report after the OB11-3 is up and running in a couple of weeks!  :-)

David, K4ZZR