[Top] [All Lists]

[Towertalk] vertical mast to vertical mounting hardware?

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] vertical mast to vertical mounting hardware?
From: (Bob Nielsen)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 18:58:22 -0700
I'll second that recommendation. I recently installed a Hy-Gain AV-640
and the mounting clamps had inadvertently been left out of the box (I
called and they said they would send some, but after several months
nothing has arrived).  I used muffler clamps and they worked fine
although, as Norman said, they are prone to rust (I'm planning to
replace mine with stainless clamps).  These clamps have a saddle as
well as the U-bolt and hold the pipe perfectly.  They come in several

Bob, N7XY

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 01:05:43PM -0500, Norman Wald wrote:
> I use automotive muffler clamps. They will hold two masts together 
> and come in a wide variety of sizes. Most are untreated (oxidizing) 
> steel, but there are some that are chrome plated, and some are 
> stainless steel. Try an automotive supply house.
> Norman W9VQ

Bob Nielsen, N7XY                
Bainbridge Island, WA  
IOTA NA-065, USI WA-028S 

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>