[Towertalk] Tower Buidling 201

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Tower Buidling 201
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 01:01:23 -0600
Here's another N4KG  'NEVER  DO'

NEVER  use a House Bracket to support a non-self supporting tower,
unless you have at least one set of guy wires 30 ft or less above the
bracket.

Besides the Vibration / Noise issue, if you get a really STRONG
wind and lose your tower, you will also have a HUGE repair bill
for your house.

There is nothing STRONGER,  SAFER, and more COST EFFECTIVE
than a PROPERLY  GUYED  TOWER.

Note that for tower heights under 70 ft, Rohn shows a 35 ft (50%)
guying radius for their (discontinued) fold over tower intallations.

Tom  N4KG