[Towertalk] Need VHF/UHF Antenna Advice

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Need VHF/UHF Antenna Advice
From: ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com (Ronald KA4INM Youvan)
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 01:00:21 -0400
> I'd opt for buying the cable.  It has to be less expensive than a new tower
> installation, even if you own the tower - not to mention the lower height of
> the new tower.

   I would opt for the height, and get some used coax somewhere.

   Try the local tower service companies, they may have something removed
from a removed tower, test if for attenuation before buying it.

The higher it is, the further you can hear.
   Antennas are like real estate, location, location, location.

        73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
     100% LINUX, since July, 1997   SENT Time and Date are UTC
        Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm