[Top] [All Lists]

[Towertalk] Mast Coupler

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] Mast Coupler
From: (Lee Noonan)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:37:45 +1000
I have NO idea what the BMW disc looks like... BUT flexible couplers are
used on Irrigation Water Pumps on Farms.
there should be different sizes for different shaft sizes also.. Its been
many years since I saw one... there are probably different brands and
designs... the one I  remember had a flexible disc made from a material
similar to a Vee belt.The ends are usually galvanised flanges which fit over
a shaft with a locking screw, and the flat flexible disc bolts in between
the flanges... [bolts are offset from each side]    A bit hard to visualise
unless You know roughly what it looks like.
There are also rubber type couplers of different types ....
 Irrigation engine or electric motor to water pump coupler -- probably most
common usage..
I hope this is of some help ... and less expensive than BMW parts.... Hi


----- Original Message -----
From: "Dennis Mowers" <>
To: <>
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 11:20 PM
Subject: [Towertalk] Mast Coupler

> Has anyone built the shock absorbing mast coupler described in Leeson's
> "Physical Design of Yagi Antennas"?
> He describes a BMW "flex disc", used to isolate the drive shaft from the
> transmission.
> My local NAPA auto parts supplier shows nothing in their books for any
> year BMW.
> I will try BMW next.
> Has anyone ever seen one of these things?
> Dennis, K5YA
> _______________________________________________
> Self Supporting Towers, Wireless Weather Stations, see web site:
> Call 888-333-9041 to place your order, mention you saw this ad and take an
additional 5 percent off
> any weather station price.
> _______________________________________________
> Towertalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>