[Towertalk] 402CD coil mods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 402CD coil mods
From: k1ttt@arrl.net (David Robbins)
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:22:41 -0000
> I wonder if those who have modified the loading coil assembly on the
> CushCraft 402CD (replace the existing screws that attach to the coil
w/
> stainless steel bolts & locking nuts) can tell me what material they
used
> to re-seal the loading coil assembly?  If shrink tubing, what size
(the
> aluminum tubing the coil is mounted on is 5/8")?  Would high quality
> electrical tape work?  Any thoughts regarding this mod?

After I did that one I used the big heat shrink that has the melting
sealant in it.  I hadn't cut off all the heat shrink that was on the
coil so I only put a short piece on each end over the new hardware.

The type I used was 'raychem fcsm 28/9 (1.10"/.35")'

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net