[Towertalk] Philystran cost

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Philystran cost
From: w5kp@swbell.net (Jerry Kincade)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 06:53:49 -0500
Yep, Bill is right. As long as you use back-to-back grips with heavy duty
thimbles (so they won't collapse under tension and put a sharp bend in the
grip), I see no reason why longer guys can't be made up from re-used pieces
of Phillystran. That's how you connect Phillystran to the lower EHS "safety"
sections anyway. Adds a bit of cost for the grips and thimbles, but would
still work great. Another reason why Phillystran in any lengths will sell
like hotcakes at a hamfest. Just be SURE you use Phillystran grips and not
EHS grips, and inspect the used Phillystran carefully for damage to the
jacket. You don't want UV rays cooking exposed strands of the core.
73, Jerry W5KP