[Towertalk] Philystran cost

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Philystran cost
From: n2tk@arrl.net (N2TK)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:35:42 -0400
Last time I bought Phillystran from Texas Tower, they sold it by the foot.
I replaced my 1/4" ehs which had been up for 22 years. I tilt over my tower
(80' of  Rohn 45) and was getting concerned due to the age and rust on the
ehs. The first you notice is how much lighter the Phillystran is compared to
the ehs with insulators and guy grips. I end the Phillystran at about 10'
above ground. I made the lengths of Phillystran about 4' longer and coiled
up the end after the guy grip. This way, when I move again, if the slope of
the ground isn't quite level, I will have enough Phillystran.
I'm adding a tribander at 40' and felt the Phillystran has to be better than
rotating the beam among the guy cables.
Tony
N2TK