[Towertalk] 8 pole water tight plu for rotor cable.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 8 pole water tight plu for rotor cable.
From: kc5ajx@hotmail.com (Rick Bullon)
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 14:36:54 +0000
on 9/29/02 3:46 AM, Phil - KB9CRY at kb9cry@attbi.com wrote:

 > I'll let all in on my secret.  Buy two 4 prong trailer connectors.  They
 > are designed to be used outdoors and to carry voltage.  That's what I've
 > been using for years; real inexpensive too!  Phil  KB9CRY

I'll second Phil's comment!  I took his advice a couple of weeks ago when I
put mine up.  I varied slightly from him.  They make six pin trailer plugs
as well.  So I used a six pin and a 4 pin just so that I wouldn't get them
confused.

But he's right - they are waterproof, easy to use and work great!

Thanks for the tip, Phil!

73,

Jon
NA9D

John
The trick to using the 4 pin plugs is to put one set pair on the shack end
of the rotor cable ie female on 4 of the wires and male on the other four.
then reverse the procedure on the rotor side of the connection. When done
right you can't plug it in wrong.
This also works for the control lines on remote switches and etc.I use the
six pin plugs for my Sixpack and Stack Match units on my tower.
73
Rick
KC5AJX