[Towertalk] AB-577 antenna masts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] AB-577 antenna masts
From: K3AIR@arrl.net (Mike Lazaroff K3AIR)
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 01:06:43 -0700
I have a couple of them.  One has been supporting a tribander for about six
years.  When putting it up, I first constructed a small concrete pad to sit
the base on top of.  The mast is bolted down to the concrete pad and the
mast is guyed in accordance with the military technical order.  I do inspect
it about once per month.  I've never worried about making it tamper-proof
(fortunately not a problem here); the obvious thing to do would be to remove
the crank-up handle/gearbox assembly (easily done).

73, Mike K3AIR