[Towertalk] AB-577 antenna masts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] AB-577 antenna masts
From: dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 11:26:14 -0400
Jeff,

I've had one up for over three years, most of that time with a rotor and C3E
tribander. I've had a 40-2CD on it for about three months. Almost all of the
parts are made of aluminum or stainless steel and the aluminum parts are
well painted. There's no corrosion to speak of.

You can easily remove the winch handle so that the tower can't be cranked
down. However, someone could loosen or cut the guy wires and push the thing
down (very dangerous!) That's an issue with any guyed tower.

73, Dick WC1M