[Towertalk] need outdoor box for coil/tuning cap

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] need outdoor box for coil/tuning cap
From: spelunk.sueno@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 22:54:45 -0400
Bill:

     If cost is no object, you might want to look at Hoffman enclosures.
They come in a variety of sizes and materials, including fiberglass.  You
can order them with all kinds of accessory mounting arrangements.  There was
an article in QST earlier this year (late last year?)  describing a
horizontal loop antenna for 160M that included an outdoor control/tuner box
at the base of the feedline.  The box was a Hoffman enclosure.

     I bought two smallish boxes last year for my tower project - base of
tower for the antenna switch and outside the shack for the SPG.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F