[Towertalk] Calculating guy distance for rotating towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Calculating guy distance for rotating towers
From: kr7o@vhfdx.com (kr7o@vhfdx.com)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:09:09 -0700
Thanks to all that replied (I started losing track of the public/private
replies).  I probably should have used real numbers as several people ran
my example (which was simplified and way off on the turning radius).   I
received a couple of mathematical processes to determine the distance and
several people said that graphing works well also.  Also thanks to those
that posed other considerations.

The actual project is 4 x 6m7jhv 6 meter yagis stacked at 78/59/40/21' with
the top guy at 75'.  The boom lengths are 31' and the actual turning radius
is 17.2' which I will up to at least 18' for the calculations.  The lower
guys will likely not pose a problem.  I need to check with Mike at M2 on
the spacing as I may be able to run a bit more spacing to reduce the guying
radius.

73, Robert KR7O/YB2ARO, DM07ba/OI52ee  (ex.  N7STU)
kr7o@vhfdx.com

www.vhfdx.com (Norcal WSWSS activities & KR7O/YB2ARO homepages)