[Towertalk] Soldering at the top of the tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Soldering at the top of the tower
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 13:57:55 -0000
I have 200 ft of extension cord which I drag up the tower with me, along
with my Weller soldering gun. When I need to solder on the tower, I
wait for a day when the wind is as low as it gets. If you can't get 400 ft
of extension cord, use a small generator at the base of the tower. I've
never had success with a torch. My guess is it would work with external
flux, but I've never tried it.
73,
Barry W2UP