[Towertalk] Multiband Vertical Antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Multiband Vertical Antenna
From: rthorne@tcac.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 12:51:44 -0500
Dale:

I am currently using an AH-4 connected to a 20' vertical.  The vertical uses
a base from an old hygain 18-avt.  I then purchased some telescoping
aluminum from Texas Towers and rivited the sections together.

I have the antenna mounted 5' off the ground on my fence in the backyard.  I
have two 60' radials attached to it that run along the fence.

 I am having problems on 40m.  I need to add another length of aluminum to
the antenna.  For what ever reason the AH-4 does not not like 20' on 40m.

The antenna is working pretty darn well on 10 through 80.  I've been working
lots of dx with this setup.