[Towertalk] Thimbles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Thimbles
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (k4oj)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:12:57 -0400
...a thimble is a teardrop shaped piece which a guy wire end typically
wraps around before you apply the wire rope clips...  It maintains a
"eye" for anchoring which the guy is tensioned - usually this eye will
end up with a bolt or other fastner passed through it - allowing tension
to be applied to the cable.

ugamples include a trunbuckle with a jaw end - that pin is pulled and
the pin passed through the middle of the thimble and re-fastened.

 73,

Jim, K4OJ