[Towertalk] Thimbles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Thimbles
From: ve7hcb@rac.ca (Chris BONDE)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:39:40 -0700
Thank you all for the infor on thimbles.  I was guessing that the thimble
was the cable thing that wraps around the outside of the wire coming into
the house, or on some power pole guy lines.  This is made out of cable, has
an eye and the two sides pre-twisted.  The line man puts it through the
insulator then wraps or something to have the wire inside.

What you described is what we use to call rope eyes and used for swings etc
where no re-tensioning was needed but protection against wear was.

Again think you, 73, Chris opr VE7HCB