[Towertalk] antenna corrosion

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] antenna corrosion
From: glittle@awod.com (Glenn Little)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 00:16:51 -0500
The radio club that I belong to has a radio room on a museum ship. This is
parked in the harbor where the antennas are constantly exposed to salt air.
One of the antennas that we have is a butternut HF6V. Are there any
recommendations on how to minimize the corrosion to the aluminum and to
reduce the aluminum to stainless bonding?

Any help appreciated. We have one antenna that has failed and would like to
prolong the life of the other.

73
Glenn

Glenn Little                         glittle@awod.com   QCWA  LM 28417
Amateur Callsign:  WB4UIV            wb4uiv@amsat.org   AMSAT LM 2178
QTH:  Goose Creek, SC USA (EM92xx)                      ARRL  TAPR