[Towertalk] LPDAs...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] LPDAs...
From: spelunk.sueno@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:16:29 -0500
TT:

     It seems to me that the main advantage of the SteppIR concept is that
the operator gets a warm-and-fuzzy feeling about SWR everywhere he decides
to operate. Other than that, it seems like it's a compromise across the
bands except for the narrow frequency range where F/B or forward gain is
optimal.

     The LPDA, OTOH, is also a compromise - in gain vs boom length.  One
gets the same warm-and-fuzzy feeling about SWR, but with no moving parts to
worry about, and with somewhat more consistent F/B and forward gain across
its design range.

     Nothing's ever easy, is it?

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F