[Towertalk] Cleaning Aluminium. Thanks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Cleaning Aluminium. Thanks
From: n2mg@eham.net (Mike Gilmer)
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 09:52:15 -0800
I would never use steel wool except as a last resort - it deposits steel
shavings all over everything and you can never really clean it all off.
These shavings will rust and perhaps cause dissimilar metal issues.

I use Scotch brite pads (assuming you can get them).

73 Mike N2MG

HS0ZED wrote:
> Thanks for all the responses on good ways to clean aluminium. Seems like
good old fashioned steel wool is the favourite, along with lots of elbow
grease of course. Now I just have to convince the xyl as to why she
needs to help me do this.