[Towertalk] Rotor Loops

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Rotor Loops
From: n2tk@arrl.net (N2TK)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:07:43 -0500
Hi Marc. The best way I found was to make a few turns of coax around the
mast pipe right above the thrust bearing. Don't see a need to have a loop
hanging down. I tape the coax to the boom right to the mast. Then I wrap the
coax around the mast for 3 turns. Then I bring it over the edge of the top
tower plate. I wrap several layers of tape around the coax where it goes
over the tower edge in order to protect the coax. This way there is minimum
stress on the coax as the rotor turns plus nothing dangling in the wind.
Tony
N2TK