[Towertalk] Force 12 vs. Cushcraft who wins?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Force 12 vs. Cushcraft who wins?
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 22:00:15 -0500
Bite your tongue. That book is a bunch more "real info" than some
manufacturers want you to see. One manufacturer, seeing the cruel
facts about how poorly theirs stacked up, published a pitiful
obfuscational whine in QST, that I still wonder why QST allowed in
print. It doesn't get any more "real info" than that.

And do you think anybody actually made a profit on that report? With
the travel to present it, printing costs, hours of haggling antennas
to use in the report, and sheer weight of hours to do the study, I'd
say that Ward and Steve have yet to recover costs. In other words,
effectively, a donation to hamdom.

You might have noticed that neither was able to give up their day job
based on the overwhelming profits.

Why begrudge them whatever sub-MacDonald's level of peanut pay they
raise off it? We keep p*ss*ng on everybody that tries to do something
and recover costs, pretty soon won't nobody do nuthin for us, never.
Then what? You volunteer?

73, Guy.