[Towertalk] source for rigging gear

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] source for rigging gear
From: dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:18:41 -0500
Found this interesting site while doing a google search for rigging gear:

www.toolsforstagecraft.com

It's a supply house for theatrical and arena stage riggers. I hadn't thought
about it, but stage riggers have a lot of the same rigging and safety needs
as tower monkeys. Tools for Stagecraft has such items as double-locking
carbiners, split-side pulleys (very light, 5K lb capacity, really neat --
I've seen these used by the KC1XX crew), tool belts/pouches/holsters, Petzl
body harness (very nice but very expensive), Klein tools, double manyards,
heavy-duty rigging line, knives, sharpeners, wire rope cutters, Nico Press
tools, etc. They also have a collection of books that may be of interest:
Handbook for Riggers (pocket-sized book for construction rigging), Stage
Rigging Handbook (probably some useful techniques), Guide to Knots, Handbook
of Knots and Splices, Introduction to Fall Protection ($99.95!), etc.

73, Dick WC1M