[Towertalk] Lighting Protection and Roof Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Lighting Protection and Roof Towers
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:22:10 EST
In a message dated 12/11/02 4:18:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jhisson1@columbus.rr.com writes:

> What type of compound should I buy to make
>  sure the corrosion is minimized where the copper strap/wire and ground rods
>  meet?

    You need an anti-oxidant paste. It comes in several flavors - NoAlOx,
Penetrox, etc. - by several different companies. Just check the label that
it's for your materials (most are copper, aluminum, or copper/aluminum) and
go nuts.

    Many hardware stores and all electrical supply houses have them.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH