[Towertalk] Ham M slippage?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Ham M slippage?
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 22:46:49 -0600
It is also possible that the MAST is slipping in the
U-bolts of the Rotor, OR, the BOOM is slipping on
the Mast.  I've had that problem when 'single' nuts
worked loose on the U bolts.

Tom  N4KG

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 20:13:01 -0500 GEORGE PRITCHARD <ab2kc@optonline.net>
writes:
> My tower mounted rotator swings a 4 element quad. In a wind storm
> last week, it was slipping during 45 mph gusts of wind. The next day
> it seemed "normal" and doesn't turn while the brake is on. Can this
> rotor slip with out damage, or is the bell housing worn? any
> experience with this? Thanks,  Is this how to post a thread on the
> reflector?
> George AB2KC

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com