Fwd: Re: [Towertalk] Ham M slippage?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Fwd: Re: [Towertalk] Ham M slippage?
From: gene@aspen-ridge.net (Gene S.)
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 10:53:17 -0700
The Ham IV uses a different lower bell housing than the older Ham M, and
Ham II series. and a wedge that's more square than the older rounded tip.

Both upgrade parts are available from the Rotor Doctor, the lower bell
housing is $25(USD). He has 2 different styles of wedges, the stock
(square) wedge and his own improved version. Don't recall the
price,  someplace in the $10 - 15(USD) range for the wedge.

I haven't followed this thread, but make sure the mast isn't slipping vs
the brake assembly needing replacement.

If you do open the bell housing, get one of those cheap plastic storage
bins at Wal-Mart.  Separate the bell housing with the rotor laying in the
storage bin. This will keep the 98 ball bearings contained just in case
they decide to go traveling.

73,

Gene  K5GS