[Towertalk] 100M-long boom Yagi for 20M -- correction

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 100M-long boom Yagi for 20M -- correction
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 21:33:22 -0500
At 11:09 AM 1/12/03 -0500, Zyg Skrobanski wrote:
>A typical broadcast curtain array will have a gain of 21 dBi with a
>bandwidth of about 10°.  I guess that's why super long Yagi's are not used.
>  I'm waiting for some fancy contest outfit to come on the air with their
>own beam curtains!
>
>-

And one of the big problems with such antennas for contest use is that the
3 degree bandwidth is too narrow for optimum coverage in Europe, where you
need to "bathe" as many potential contacts with as much of your signal as
possible.  Hence stacks......

Sorry -- I meant 3-DB bandwidth...

73, Pete N4ZR
Are you up to date in the World HF Contest Station Database?  Go to
www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm and see for yourself