[Towertalk] Skyhawk comments - thanks!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Skyhawk comments - thanks!
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu Jan 23 08:00:12 2003
Thanks to all of you who provided me comments on the Bencher Skyhawk.

I didn't really hear a single bad thing about the antenna.

The current owner of the antenna in question and I have reached agreement on
my acquiring it.  So I'll soon be a Skyhawk owner.

It would have been nice to have the two elements on 40 meters that the C4XSL
gives, but my cost for the Skyhawk is going to be around half that of a new
C4XSL.  I can buy a lot of other toys/accessories for the shack with that
money saved!

I plan to get the antenna down from the other ham's tower as soon as the WX
here gets a little warmer.  It's around zero degrees F as I type and I don't
feel like climbing a 58 foot tower in these temperatures!  :-)

73 and thanks,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden