[Towertalk] Automatic Rotor Control Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Automatic Rotor Control Question
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu Jan 23 08:06:14 2003
Hey gang,

I am seriously considering some sort of automatic rotor control in the near
future.  I am interested in what people think of the different solutions out
there.

My rotors are a Ham IV, a Ham-M and a Yaesu G-500A (elevation).

I'll admit that I've only investigated 2 solutions so far and both have
their ups and downs.

I've looked at the solution by Idiom Press (W9KNI) and the ARSWin solution.

 W9KNI's design works only with the 3 button CDE/Hy-Gain controllers.  It
does add some really nice additional functionality and some safety features
to help protect the rotor.

The ARSWin setup is nice in that it can control nearly any rotor regardless
of control box.  It doesn't give some of the extra features to the control
box that the W9KNI solution does, but it seems like a pretty decent product.

The ARSWin solution is about $30 cheaper and comes assembled.

So what is anyone out there using and what do they think of these or any
others?

73,

Jon
NA9D