[TowerTalk] Source for aluminum tubing?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Source for aluminum tubing?
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Sat Jan 25 22:26:43 2003
yeah but the reason for .058 wall is that:

2 X .058 = .116

which is slightly less than 1/8" (.125) and if you are tapering elements
stepping down an eighth inch in diameter at a time the difference
between .116 abd .125 (.009) allows the two to slide easily into the
other and subsequent tapering....

If 058 is not strong enough for what you are doing double up with the
next size down - I will do this on the center of an element where the
element actually runs either side of the center and a shorter length of
the next diameter up is slid to the mid-point of the longer tube.

73, Go Bucs

Jim, K4OJ