[TowerTalk] Omni Directional Hor. Pol. VHF Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Omni Directional Hor. Pol. VHF Antennas
From: wk6i@twistedoak.com (Jeff Stai WK6I)
Date: Tue Feb 4 21:03:00 2003
At 08:49 AM 2/4/2003, Byron Tatum wrote:
>Hello-
>    I have not paid close attention to the types of VHF omni-directional
>horizontally polarized antennas on the market now. I would like to place one
>of each { 144, 222, 432 } on a smaller separate mast for beacon monitoring,
>can anyone suggest a good model and source for it. I remember the old
>Cushcraft " Big Wheel " and did not realize it has been out of production. I
>was thinking along the lines of this type antenna.
> Thank you, Byron WA5THJ.

hi Byron - I'll swear by the KB6KQ loops:

http://www.kb6kq.com/products.html

Norm also sells the phasing harness if you want to stack the loops. A neat
trick is to nest the stacks, with the higher bands nested inside the lower
ones, all on one mast:

http://www.kb6kq.com/7-LAND.html#NL7CO-2

Norm is also very easy to deal with.

hope this helps! - 73 - jeff wk6i