[TowerTalk] My favorite tower tip is...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] My favorite tower tip is...
From: mjwetzel@comcast.net (Mike Wetzel)
Date: Mon Feb 10 11:32:25 2003
Steve,

My favorite tip is to mate the tower sections on the ground (rotating for
best/easiest fit) before they go up in the air and to mark the legs so the
rope/cable is attached to the correct leg.

Number 2 (am I over my quota?) use an electric winch to haul up heavier
sections.  My wife ran the winch for my 150' Rohn 55 tower and just the two
of us put 90% of it up.  Although it did give me exercise going up and down
to attach the cable to each section.  Also I use a rope attached to the
section going up so you can pull the section slightly away from the tower.

Mike W9RE