[TowerTalk] My favorite tower tip is... MY BAD HABIT..

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] My favorite tower tip is... MY BAD HABIT..
From: vk2lee@maxnet.net.au (Lee Noonan)
Date: Wed Feb 12 19:32:00 2003
I have a BAD Habit, and I think it started when I've been in a hurry to go
up & down, many years ago...probably checking the SWR etc on antennas, when
I was younger and fitter... "I usually never use the Last step on a ladder
when I'm coming down the ladder...."  Its just automatic now... and as I'm
over the 50's mark, I'll have to Stop doing it, as I've hit the ground on a
number of occasions lately ..and  I don't mean  My feet hitting the ground
... Hi Hi... On a couple of occasions - when I'm really in a hurry and NOT
thinking what I was doing - I have NOT used the last two steps on a
Ladder...  Now - its Hard to do that, without hurting something ... knees,
ankles, elbows & wrists.. when You hit the ground....  I have just painted
the last two steps on My ladder bright yellow... I AM hoping this will help
STOP this dangerous [and stupid] bad habit....
73
Lee  VK2LEE