[TowerTalk] CONCRETE BASES

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CONCRETE BASES
From: w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Thu Feb 27 10:40:54 2003
As a retired, Chicago Licensed contractor, I have just one statement to make
about tower and guy anchor bases.

There is no substitute for mass! Width, height, and depth are the major
components.
Shape does has a factor, with pyramidal being the best in my experience.
{wide part of pyramid at the bottom. :-)}

Required mass is determined by soil conditions.
Deviations from tried and true concrete construction techniques would not be
conducive to sound sleeping.

Please don't flame me with "I've done this for years and my tower is still
standing".
Sometimes being Lucky, overrides being Good.

Busier than a long tailed cat in a rocking chair factory

W9OL, Bill H. in Chicagoland