[TowerTalk] C19XR interaction and tuning

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C19XR interaction and tuning
From: kz1x@yahoo.com (Steve Jackson)
Date: Mon Apr 7 17:35:11 2003
Manuel

Your 15M VSWR problems on the C19 are likely due not
to the interaction of the other beam, but to the
arrangement of the sleeve-feed wire between the driven
elements on the C19.

I have the same antenna (part of a C36XR) and found
the same results at first, but other antennas within 8
feet made no difference.  It is possible to get a
near-perfect match across 21-21.4 MHz.

This is not an uncommon problem.

You need to experiment with these wires to get the
sleeve-feed correct.  It is not that hard but takes
time and also pretty much requires an antenna
analyzer.  I found a parallel arrangement of between 1
- 3 cm spacing worked great.  Do NOT twist the wires
as shown in some versions of the manual.

gl es 73

Steve KZ1X