[TowerTalk] WX0B SixPak ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] WX0B SixPak ?
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun Apr 13 14:43:21 2003
At 04:42 PM 4/12/03 -0400, you wrote:
>I just checked for grounding on my unselected SixPak ports and unselected
>ports do not get grounded.

Interesting issue -- not so much from the lightning standpoint as because
grounding feedlines versus letting them float may affect how the connected
antennas interact with one another.  I think it was Dave, K6LL, who
commented on this as a possible way of making a 40-meter yagi interact less
with a nearby 15-meter antenna.

I think I'm about to become a guinea pig, because I'm replacing my old
Heath antenna switch (which floats unused antennas) with cascaded TopTen
boxes, which ground everything that's not in use, and ground all antennas
when power is off.  I'll report what (if anything noticeable) happens.

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower