[TowerTalk]

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk]
From: mel.martin@axare.mail.net (Mel)
Date: Tue May 13 12:17:31 2003
Dan, I'm not taking a position pro or con the Mosley... My nearby friend
has a TA36 with 40M kit up for 20 years, I've lost 3 antennas in the
same span... And he gets out fine... But...

After the ice storm of '98 my TH7 was severely damaged...

One reflector was broken...

One of the 2 driven elements was broken in half...

The other driven element was twisted more than 45deg from horizontal...

The rotor was broken (pointing at Europe)....

And I often got reports such as  "outstanding signal" or "best signal on
the band" and did pretty good in a few contests I dabbled in... Got a
certificate in one of the major CQ sponsored contests...

I do have a good location and a decent tower...

Point... Anecdotal reports don't really tell you much about an antenna's
performance other than it is working in some fashion or other...

OTOH, if you are happy with your antenna, you are getting your money's
worth!

Personal opinion... Worth exactly what you paid for id ;-)... Mosley
antennas hold up very well mechanically and work fairly well... But
there are definitely better performing antennas out there if you want
that last couple of db...

>I new i was setting myself up for some comments when i mentioned the
antenna... but, i have had phenomenal luck with my Pro-57B... never
waited in pileups and have been told many times i was the strongest
signal coming out of the states

Mel...
VE2DC