[TowerTalk] Concrete "Slump"

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Concrete "Slump"
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Thu May 29 14:24:28 2003
The hardness of your concrete is its PSI - 3000 is very standard,
probably what they usually mix for residential stuff - sometimes harder
concrete is used in commercial construction applications...

The slump of your concrete is how stiff the mix is - i.e. how much water
is in it when it is poured...thinner mixes (more water) will flow around
small areas easier than a stiff mix is - I would say 5" slump should be
fine as well... imagine taking a soup can full of the concrete mix and
then inverting it - the cylindrical piece would slowly "slump" as
gravity did it s deed and it settled

73,

Jim, K4OJ