[TowerTalk] antenna stacking

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] antenna stacking
From: geoffrey@jeremy.mv.com (Geoff)
Date: Fri May 30 22:13:02 2003
Gregg, you are correct up to a point.
VHF/UHF yagis are usually several wavelengths in boom length as compared to
a 20M with say a ~40' boom.

With long booms you need comparably wider stacking spacing. You also have a
rather large set of side lobes to be concerned with and stacking height
becomes critical with some designs.

Or look at small VHF yagis such as a 3el 6M or a 5el 2M; stacking distance
for them is typically in the 1/2 to 5/8 wave region.

If you have access to the YO or similar program you can enter the data for a
particular design and watch the combined pattern as you adjust the stacking.
Sometime an eye opener.

Geoff