[TowerTalk] Ring Rotor Location Advice

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ring Rotor Location Advice
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Wed Jun 11 14:06:18 2003
Hi Jim,
There are special instructions for TIC Ring installations in New
England. They should only be mounted at ground level.

Seriously, they ARE a pain in the butt to climb around. I climb with
the 2 lanyards on my belt, and always strap one above the ring before
disengaging the one below the ring. I'd recommend about 3 feet from
the top, to give you enough room to maneuver.

I have one guy bracket about 4 feet below a RIngrotor on my Rohn 45.
I don't think it really matters if you're a few feet further away,
but don't get too close and make clmbing around it more difficult.
If you want to see a pic, go to
http://www.ticgen.com/NT/images/gallery/assets/cust1/mpic1.JPG
73,
Barry, W2UP (Go FRC)