[TowerTalk] Advice Requested

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Advice Requested
From: jimlux@earthlink.net (Jim Lux)
Date: Fri Jun 20 21:42:58 2003
2x2 wood pieces available in 12 ft lengths are also fairly cheap.. They use
2x2 and 2x4 "masts" around here when they need to show where the corners of
a proposed building are going to be for planning hearings. They just nail up
a couple diagonal braces on each piece to hold them up. They typically
install one at each corner of the proposed building. Since the general plan
discourages structures >3 stories, 30-40 feet is as high as they need to go.

Dacron fishing line works as an invisible guy... even something like nylon
seine twine would probably work, and not be overly visible.
Human eyes can resolve about an arc minute, so you can figure out how small
something needs to be to make it invisible, given the distance (... about
1/4000th of the distance, so 100 ft away, it needs to be 1/40th of a foot or
smaller... 1/4" give or take)