[TowerTalk] feeding a crank-up, tilt-over self-supporter

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] feeding a crank-up, tilt-over self-supporter
From: k3dne@adelphia.net (Ed Kucharski)
Date: Fri Jun 27 10:18:51 2003
Thinking about a crank-up/tilt-over self supporter (US Tower HDX555,
Tashjian LM-354HD).  What are some common practices for using low loss coax
(1/2" superflex,  lmr400uf?) from the top of the bottom tower section to
the antennas at the top of the tower (in my case a vhf-uhf-microwave
array)?  For tilt-over purposes, at the bottom of the tower, I'd like to
use my existing 7/8 and 1&5/8 in. heliax from the shack via a trench up to
the top of the bottom section (22ft).  I'm concerned about the movement and
potential damage of the hardline during the tilt-over and tilt-up
process.  Thoughts and advise?
73,
Ed K3DNE