[TowerTalk] 2.4 GHz Bi-Directional Amplifiers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 2.4 GHz Bi-Directional Amplifiers
From: wa0sxv@mellinger.com (Mike Mellinger WA0SXV)
Date: Tue Jul 15 15:04:47 2003
There are a lot of them for sale on the web.  Looks like list price for an
indoor model is around $300 and for outdoor $395.  Issues are maximum output
power, how DC is supplied to them, and I would check what the turnaround
time is as that will affect your throughput.  Some of the suppliers do
discount and you might be able to get down into the $150 range.

My wireless provider uses the stuff at ydi.com.  We've been very happy with
them to date.  Good support and great variety.

73,
Mike WA?SXV