[TowerTalk] Tower tale--W6AM

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower tale--W6AM
From: N6TT@hotmail.com (Steve Massey)
Date: Tue Jul 15 21:16:22 2003
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Cc: <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 4:38 PM

> It was an Eldorado--I worked him once on 20 cw--he was running 1 kw mobile
> on the Hollywood Freeway--I have the card; it's one of the few items of
ham
> memorabilia I have that I value.
>

> Rob Atkinson
> K5UJ

On Don's way to the So Cal Dx meetings he would come pick me up and I would
ride in the back of the caddy. He would work EU stations on CW on the way
there and coming home from the meetings. Sometimes he would let me operate
his PV station with the rhombics. He had one rule and that was I couldnt use
my callsign to future my DXCC. He caught me once hihi - THat was fun, I was
12 -16 years old and was WN6SSO during the 60's ...<g>

73,Steve N6TT