[TowerTalk] Re: [ct-user] Antenna Stacking Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [ct-user] Antenna Stacking Question
From: btippett@alum.mit.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Wed Jul 16 14:20:05 2003
wrote:

 > My question is what is the best way to feed the antennas???
 > Can I use 1to1 antenna balun on each antenna or do I need to
 > connect the coax directly to the antenna and maybe use some
 > ferrite beads instead??

         If you use a balun of any kind, make sure it is connected
the same way to both antennas.  Many sealed baluns have phasing
marks and these should be aligned, otherwise your antennas will
be out of phase and will not work well.  If your baluns are not
marked, check this post to determine phasing:

http://dayton.akorn.net/pipermail/towertalk/2000-October/034295.html

                                                 73,  Bill W4ZV