[TowerTalk] looking for help to re-establish Ham Station...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] looking for help to re-establish Ham Station...
From: jeff@pulver.com (Jeff Pulver)
Date: Sun Jul 27 12:21:53 2003
Hi All,

I'm WA2BOT and used to be very active in the late 70s and 80s mostly on
10 meters although I operated quite a few contests over the years. I'm
now looking to get active again I'm trying to re-establish my ham station.

Back then, I used to have a stacked Telrex array - 5 element monobanders
for 10 / 15 / 20 and 3 elements on 40. I had a 55 foot telephone pole
with the Telrex rotator, mast, and hardware mounted and connected. This
worked quite well from 1979 thru the early 1990s on Long Island.

I'm looking for advise regarding the possible installation of a hydrolic
tower and/or something else that can be kept at 25-30 feet level when not
being used and then elevated up to 65-75+ feet when in operation. The
location for the station is in Eastern Long Island.

The property is wooded and I have pretty nosey neighbors so I'm trying to
keep this project low profile and my hope is that the trees on the
property would keep everything blocked so nobody really noticed except
when I was on the air.

I'm looking for someone to work with who will help me re-acquire several
Telrex antennas and help me with the design of the antenna tower and to
help with me with and plan the installation. If you know of anyone who are
involved in these kinds of projects, please feel free to contact me
directly via email.

Best regards,

 73s de Jeff, WA2BOT