[TowerTalk] RG303

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RG303
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon Jul 28 18:16:35 2003
At 04:41 PM 7/28/03 -0500, W0HH wrote:

>To all:
>
>Lots of balun discussion over the years. I wanted to try and build a W1JR
>type balun. I have the toroids, that was the easy part, but could anybody
>tell me a source located west of the Mississippi that has the RG303 coax.
>My hours don't allow ordering from anywhere east of the K.C. area. I have
>called 6 places so far and no luck. Or... should I just give it up and
>make a big coax balun? This is for a 160/80 wire antenna. Thanks in
>advance for any info.

Tom, I bet RG-142B/U would work -- it is teflon with an outside diameter of
.195 and rated at 3.5KW at 50 MHz...  The RF Connection has it
(www.therfc.com).  You might ask them about RG-303 too -- although they are
east of the Mississippi (MD),you can order by e-mail.  They are very
responsive to questions.  The 142 is only slightly bigger in diameter than
the RG-303.

Pasternak also has RG-303 in Irvine, CA -- tel (949)261-1920, e-mail
sales@pasternack.com

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 17 June 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm