[TowerTalk] RG303

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RG303
From: nielsen@oz.net (Bob Nielsen)
Date: Mon Jul 28 21:26:32 2003
On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 06:13:04PM -0400, Pete Smith wrote:

> Tom, I bet RG-142B/U would work -- it is teflon with an outside diameter of
> .195 and rated at 3.5KW at 50 MHz...  The RF Connection has it
> (www.therfc.com).  You might ask them about RG-303 too -- although they are
> east of the Mississippi (MD),you can order by e-mail.  They are very
> responsive to questions.  The 142 is only slightly bigger in diameter than
> the RG-303.

A better choice than RG-142 would be RG-400, which has the same
dimensions and teflon dielectric, but instead of copperweld has a
stranded center conductor (as does RG-303), making it easier to wind on
a toroid and much less likely to cause cold flow displacement of the
center conductor in the dielectric.

73,
Bob, N7XY