[TowerTalk] Pull rope twisted in conduit

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pull rope twisted in conduit
From: k1ir@designet.com (Jim Idelson)
Date: Fri Aug 1 10:51:48 2003
Hi everybody,

I pulled a couple of small cables through my 100 foot 3" conduit that goes from
the house to the tower. This time it was extremely difficult. I can't even pull
 the cable another inch. I'm lucky that it's just sticking out the other end.
Seems like the pull rope is twisted around some of the cables; and getting
worse every time I pull something else through. What's the best way to deal
with this?

A. Start using cable pull lubricant and don't wory about it?

B. Fish a new pull rope through the conduit? If this is the right answer,
what's the right way to do it? This sounds like the proper thing to do, if I
can figure out how.

73!

Jim Idelson K1IR
email    k1ir@designet.com