[TowerTalk] corrugated black 6" tubing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] corrugated black 6" tubing
From: jameswarren@swbell.net (James)
Date: Mon Aug 4 20:28:57 2003
>I'm planning on running all my wires through the
>cheap, corrugated black 6" tubing.  At first it looks
>like the pipe might be less than ideal (all the
>corrugations appear to be snag "magnets").  However,
>if I make certain that the leading edge of the wire
>bundle is rounded over well, I don't see it being much
>of a problem (famous last words) to pull it through.
>Has anyone had experience with this black stuff?

I used a 100' length of the 4" black corrigated drain
pipe to protect my lines going into the barn. For
anything over 100' you'll need to splice them together,
but then you can't get a water proof seal. You can't use
silicone glue because the plastisizers in the plastic
will eventually act a a mold release and the silicone
will pop right off.